inspired by my daughter's "36 Things Before I'm 37" list
I decided to write my own...
I hope to do before I turn 59!
I am a dreamer and a list-writer by nature so making the list was easy.
Doing everything on it... well... may take me more than a year.
1. sell our home aka Grace Acres moved out August 23
2. buy a truck camper and head out on a God Adventure roadtrip
3. buy a small house for a home base bought a fixer... not so small
4. walk the Girlfriends Half-marathon Wow... 13.1 miles... 10/18/09!!
5. read Max Lucado's new book Fearless and finish it!
6. read at least one fiction book Finished SisterChicks on the Loose... 10/19/09!
7. write and illustrate the next new book! painted botanicals for 100 Favorite Bible Verses but didn't write it
8. plan Michael's 60th Birthday Party! was a great party! 10/14/10
9. create a "Bless This Home" Painting finished 10/13/09!
10. go on a garden tour
11. sew something wearable
12. take an online photography workshop but I didn't finish it!
13. visit Lauri and Margo in Texas
14. visit Audrey in CA
15. go see a local play
16. ride the train to Leavenworth
17. get a passport March 29... now I can ANYWHERE!!
18. finish designing my wooden toy collection didn't like them after all
19. make a memorable craft with Lex and Jess her snowman painting
20. host a girl's night out Craft Night with my small group making snowman ornaments!
21. photograph a sunset... and a sunrise Baltimore Mar 7th
22. eat something new and unusual
23. pick a bouquet of wildflowers and give to a stranger
24. giveaway my time for a worthy cause Options 360
25. go hiking
26. make some soldered charms with my art
27. surprise someone with an unexpected birthday party
28. gift someone with a a foot massage and pedicure
29. have a family portrait taken
30. have postcards printed to send while on the road
31. sign up for an art workshop (hands on or online)
DJ Pettit's Photoshop Online Workshop Jan 2010
32. carve pumpkins with the girls
33. go see a movie with a girlfriend
34. bake a cobbler... apple? peach? berry? or all three?
35. send anonymous gifts to 6 people
36. place one or two of my books in 6 nursing homes
37. take the girls to the Grotto for Christmas Christmas Eve!
38. Sleep in a tent with the girls
39. make a baby gift for Melissa's (personalized print) and Amy's babies
40. use my art for a charity fundraiser or two or three
41. meet and eat with at least 6 blog friends on our roadtrip
42. decorate the new camper Karla style
43. photojournal our roadtrip on my blog and flikr
44. submit new art collection for licensing snowmman collection in Feb
45. create more mixed media sculptures (like Esther) Michelle's Snowman
46. offer monthly giveaways on my blog
47. participate in a swap of some kind Christmas Ornament Swap 2009
48. participate in a progressive dinner
49. learn how to do transfers
50. try one new recipe every month
Dec - enchiladas
51. go kayaking with Gwen
52. make 6 B.A.G.S to give to the homeless
53. try screen printing
54. rent a convertible and drive to the coast
55. do sparkpeople for one month
56. create more "savor this moment" snippets
57. create a "savor this moment" video or two
58. give myself grace to not have to finish this list I LOVE grace!
Here are some other LISTS that might inspire you... and if you have a list leave a comment to let me know and I'll list you here too.
Michelle... 37 Things
Meg... 35 Things