I'm back... and so thankful for all God did in the hearts and lives of the wonderful women of Emmanuel Baptist Church! Jesus tells us that when we hear and receive and believe the truth... the truth will set us free and I know, without a doubt, that there are women walking around in Idaho this morning in greater freedom in Christ than they were last week! Thank you to all the women there who showed me such hospitality and opened your hearts to me in very honest and vulnerable ways. I'm sorry to say the photos I took did not turn out well so I have none to post here.
This morning as I continue to contemplate all that I have to be thankful for, the recognition of this Veteran's Day reminds me of all the earthly freedoms we have and I thank my God...
1. ...for veterans and every soldier... past and present... who have served and sacrificed to protect the freedom of this country... we thank you and God bless you!
2. ...for the blessing of living in this country where freedom is a privilege... and so often take for granted... especially the freedom of religion... the freedom to worship Jesus and gather together in His Name.
3. ...for the freedom of choice... to choose our president and other governing officials, to choose where I live and the kind of work I do, to choose how many children I want to have, to choose when and where I want to go, and so much more.
4. ...for the freedom of speech... being able to share my faith in Christ openly at retreats, blog it on the internet, or have a conversation at Starbucks without fear.
5. ...for the freedom from sin and death that Christ died to give us... a freedom far greater and more glorious than all our earthly freedoms put together.
Thank You Father for all the freedoms that are ours in Christ and on this earth. Stir our hearts to remember more often the freedoms we take so for granted and those who fight for our freedoms... both here on earth and those who fight the fight of faith. Amen.